Sunday, August 07, 2005

Nature Box

MB is a huge nature lover, earlier this spring we made a nature hike bag for her to use in all of her nature wanderings, here at the house, and elsewhere. Well, now I have various pieces of nature invading my house. Some are, well trash, but others are really, really good specimens. But there are just laying around the house where they can easily be damaged or lost.

Yesterday I went to a local craft store to see what I could find to use as a collection keeper that could also kind of show-off MB's passion. What I found were these reasonably priced, large shadow boxes.



This morning I collected all the 'collection' from around the house and picked out the ones that had not been messed up to badly. MB had helped me identify the various creatures as we found them, so labeling was easy.

I have ended up with this surprise to give MB when she returns.



I think it turned out well. Almost like those museum displays one sees. We have more than half the box left to add to and then I will try to find another.

Peace,

Amy

2 comments:

J-Lynn said...

YOu are such a creative mom, she'll love it!

Amy said...

How did you get here so fast. I was editing the post :)

Amy

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.