Monday, August 08, 2005

Weekend in Review

Our weekend was very good, if a little quiet around here. Of course I keep having to turn down all the invites that come to our door for little miss popularity.

DH took the four of us out to dinner Saturday night so that we could also stop by the store and find him a new pair of sneakers. It was tax-free weekend, so a good time to buy his more expensive shoes. The sweet man that he is also allowed me to go to another craft store and wander around, then to Walmart since I could not find at the craft store what I was looking for. I am trying to knit winter hats for the girls, yes I know it is 90+ degrees outside now, but I figured if I started now I might finish in four months. But I only have one pair of circular knitting needles and they are the wrong length. I also need a pair of double-point needles. Cannot find them in the stores that I know about. But hubby let me scourer the stores, taking K and little EM and keeping them busy while I looked.

Sunday was a quiet day. After I church I worked on some of the unfinished projects that were laying around the house. I even 'finished' MB's shawl. I say finishe because I went ahea and boun it off, although it is farily short. I will not post pictures because it just isn't that pretty. Since I knew they would use it for play dress-up I kind of practiced different stitch patterns on it while I knitted.

After lunch K put on her bathing suit and grabbed a beach towel and came to tell me that she was going swimming. I figured her dad had said he would take her. So I went to ask him when they were leaving, I walked in on K telling him the same thing. She was insistent, "I go swim."
Mom: "How are you going to the pool?"
K: "I ride mommy car"
Mom: "Mommy is not going swimming, how are you going to go"
K: "I drive?"
Mom: "You can't reach the pedals to drive"
K: "oh!"
K turns to her dad, sitting in a chair. She leans in against his arm and rubs his arm, while I am sure she is fluttering her eyes at him, "I go swim?"

Of course they headed out to the pool about an hour later. K has got that man wrapped around her finger. K seems to have been born with that inherent gene for flirting and coercing a man into doing her bidding. MB, it seems, has missed out on that, being more up-front- I know what I want to do and I am going to do it. Right now, K's technique is much more successful for a little girl, but MB's approach will serve her well as an adult (with a little temperance and guidence.)

Last night i did some web-surfing to try to find some field trips for the beginning of our school year. Things that go along with what 'history' is, what archeology is and early man. I read about Julia's experience taking her son to a local dig, so I headed on-line to try to find something up here. No dice, the state's archeology page has not even been updated since 2003.

I also browsed the library's catalogue on-line and made a list of the books I can use. This is not nearly as satisfying as wandering around the bookshelves and finding those 'hidden treasures' that never seem to show up on-line. But, it was a start.

MB returns in a week and I have a lot of projects to finish and stuff to prepare. K wants to go to the park this morning so I guess we will head there with the hopes of wearing them out for a good mid-day nap.

Peace,

Amy

1 comment:

J-Lynn said...

Awwwww my littlest daughter has that effect on DH. The older one would if when he said no she didn't revert into a 2yo throwing a tantrum and giving him death stares. ;-)

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Have you tried online for the needles? Joannes.com is pretty good. And I am thinking of buying those interchangable needles next.

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.