Thursday, August 25, 2005

Where To Start

We are back home after a few days visiting my family. The trip was fun, although very short. The girls got to spend some time with their cousin and my sister in addition to my parents. MB was able to hit the waves again for the first time this year. I can already see her becoming a beach bum in future years.



We went to the beach on Wednesday and hit the best time for the waves that day. They were perfect sets for the girls. K did not care so much for the ocean, but eventually warmed up to it after my sister carried her in several times.



She actually wanted to spend most of her time hunting for seashells.

After, we went back to my dad's place for a dip in the pool to wash the salt water and sand off our bodies. Then the girls decided on a tea party. I don't know what to think about the fact that K chooses to wear her hats this way and the fact that she uses the word "booty" a lot.



We headed home shortly after lunch today and it was a quiet drive home for me with all the girls snoozing in the car after their busy week. I was able to listen to The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe without complaints from the backseat driver.

The reason we had to come home today was that I had a meeting to go to tonight, and when I came home from the meeting, Ginger was waiting for me.




So far she and Brianna, our older dog, are getting along great. We have had to get on the girls about curbing their excitement. I know it is really hard to do, but it was exciting both the dogs and the whole house was going crazy.

Ginger really is a very relaxed dog. She is very trusting of all of us and will run and chase with the girls, but as I write this is sleeping soundly in the kitchen. I haven't heard a whimper or cry out of her yet. Lets hope this continues through the night.

Tomorrow we have the kickoff picnic for the HS group. I still have to come up with some sort of dish to take with us. We will probably only stay for the morning portion, as there is so much laundry to do and I need to go grocery shopping. I am down to EM's least favorite foods in the pantry.

Speaking of EM, since I have included pictures of everyone else I must include one of her enjoying one of her favorite snacks during this past week.



That would be an entire vanilla wafer in her mouth that she is showing.

Peace,

Amy

1 comment:

another lisa said...

What a sweet puppy! Is she a golden retriever? We have a new puppy too, a minitature poodle named Oscar... (and our "older" dog, Suki, who is only about 15 months old) is taking it well. They sleep together very nicely and so there have been no sad puppy episodes...we are about to take them on their first camping trip with us tomorrow.

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.