Sunday, August 21, 2005

A Pain In The Back

Literally....

Last night, when I finally went to bed (about 12:30 or so) suddenly I had a horrible back pain or spasm. I am not sure which, but it when on and on. I tossed and I turned and I could not find any position that I could get comfortable in. The pain started under a shoulder blade and wrapped itself around my chest and I started having trouble breathing when I was in certain positions.

About 2:30 I must have fallen asleep for a little while, but the pain woke me up again a little after three. I gave up and went in search of pain medication. I hate taking anything, and I probably should have taken the pain med + sleeping combo, but really try to shy away because they always make me feel so bad in the morning. I ended up taking some double strength ibuprofen that was left from after EM's birth. I laid on the sofa watching horrible, middle of the night tv until I guess I passed out around 5:00 am.

Off and on all day the pain keeps coming and going, so I cancelled my trip to visit family today, and will try to leave again tomorrow morning. I was going to cancel it all together because I just feel like there is so much to do around the house. So much that I noticed today from my rare view of lying on the sofa all day. Things that I normally overlook because I am so busy and have my mind on other things. But today I could see the dust bunnies under the TV cabinet, and the stray toys peeking out from behind furniture.

DH talked me out of canceling it. DH is staying home for work, but we are going to visit my family, see my sister and neice while they are on the east coast and celebrate my fathers birthday. I am sure several family members would be unhappy if I didn't show up with the girls.

I want to clean, I want a fresh start for the fall. I want things to look and feel nice. But of course, the one day of the year that I get this urge, I am laid-up. Isn't that just too much? I am sure by the end of the week I will not even be thinking about it again.

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.