Friday, August 12, 2005

Twisted Mind

One of the things I pulled out of my car was my tape case. This contains my tapes from my high school years. For some reason I just keep moving it from one car to another. I thought that this time I would take a peek into to remind myself of the type of music I listened to back then.

Boy, was I one twisted young girl.

As an aside note, these tapes are listed in the order that they were stored. There is some humor in that also.

A personal mix titled "Cool '80s Music" - I can't remember what is on it
Simon & Garfunkel - "Bridge over Troubled Water"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Blood Sugar __ Magik"
Aerosmith - "Permanent Vacation"
Ugly Kid Joe - "Cats In The Cradle" (Single)
"Platoon" - Soundtrack
"Millennium: Tribal Wisdom and The Modern World"
"Sounds of Nature"
Proclaimers - "Sunshine on Leith"
Billy Joel - "River of Dreams"
"A Very Special Christmas"
Amy Grant - 'Unguarded"
AC/DC - "The Razors Edge"
Jesus Jones - "Doubt"
Janet Jackson - "Rhythm Nation 1814"
A Mix of Jimmy Buffet
INXS - "X"
Eagles - 'Greatest Hits Vol. 2"
George Michael - "Faith"
Wilson Phillips
Poison - "Look What The Cat Dragged In"
The Byrds Vol 1
Billy Joel - 'Storm Front"
Paula Abdul - Forever Your Girl"

Please do not hold it against this relatively sane adult for the psychotic mix of music she choose to listen to. For most of those years I was in an altered state of mind.

Peace,

Amy

4 comments:

J-Lynn said...

Hey, I still listen to most of those today. ;-) I shed some of the more violent music but Aerosmith is still my favorite CD to clean to. ;-)

Admin said...

Sounds like we had some of the same tastes in music, except for the AC/DC. My dh loves AC/DC, though. Toss in Bon Jovi's "Slippery When Wet" and we almost had the same collection.

Amy said...

The wierdness was in the mix of music. This was only my Tape collection, my CD collection was just as odd.

Jess, when I can clean the house without the children at home I have been known to play Guns & Roses "Appetite for Destruction" CD or my 90's MTV Dance Club Mix. Neither of which I want the children to hear, but boy does my energy for doing heavy cleaning increase.

Christina, I never had any Bon Jovi, but I liked his music.

Amy

Dy said...

It's funny to look back at the path we've marked as we've gone, isn't it? Sometimes it's fun. Sometimes it's a little disturbing. But it's almost always interesting.

Dy

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.