Monday, July 24, 2006

Howdy!

We are back from our long weekend away. I have no pictures of this trip, because I just didn't feel like saying, "wait! Hold that until I get back." Only to end up with a second rate photo of what captured my attention the first time around. Besides the girls never really settling in and calming down, the visit was nice. We spent a lot of time exploring for animal tracks, especially the deer tracks from where they come to eat the apples off the tree.

Apparently though, my weekend was much more productive than hubby's. As we planned this weekend away one of the reasons that came up was to give dh some 'alone' time to be able to complete some projects. The two notable ones being - dig/install new drain boxes and lines and a sump pump in the crawl space (remember issues we had about selling the house several months ago). The second was to get some more boxes out of the storage unit since we have to be out next weekend.

Anyway, we talked last night an I asked him how the digging went and

he said that it was raining, and anyway the boxes he got were too big and he thinks he needs smaller ones.

Okay, well how many boxes do I have to go through when I get home.

Well, it was raining and we don't have room for the boxes right now.

I had to ask, how was golf?

Good!

You do know that I am now going to find a weekend that you leave with the kids and *I* stay home.

*************************

I did manage to come home with a good supply of groceries that are at this moment sitting on my counter waiting for me to work magic on them. Most notably is the grocery bag full of fresh peaches from my in-laws tree. I also got some zuchinni and am thinking that some of it is going into a zuchinni casserole tonight. I had to leave my two bags of blueberries with the in-laws to bring down later this week for lack of room. At the local cheese factory I picked up two blocks of my favorite cheese (mountain marble) and two pounds of fresh butter - mmmm!

Since they are also leaving the cabin this week they gave me a bunch of food to take for them - loaf of bread, 1/2 a gallon of milk, cereal, some cookies and crackers. Nothing like having my grocery shopping for the week done for me.

That is kind of the quicky on this trip. My sis-in-law has given me an awesome idea for our home remoldeling/addition (that we may not get to for awhile). I have to talk to DH about it - but it is so simple and we wouldn't have to change the footprint of our house at all!!!

Off to deal with some fresh produce!

Peace,

Amy

1 comment:

Jane said...

Mmmmmmm fresh peaches and zucchini - lucky you!

I'm homeschooling up here in AB, Canada........but DH would LOVE to move down to NC......especially around mid January when we are ALL tired of the snow and cold ;)

great blog!

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.