Thursday, July 13, 2006

I really am in good spirits...

I just need to rest my head here on the keyboard for a minute and whine. We are taking a mid-morning break from oh, about 45 minutes of school. Things were good for about the first 15 minutes. Em had a puzzle to play with, K was working in her preschool book on short and long , and MB and I were sitting with the whiteboard reviewing hundreds and thousands.

Then K and EM started scuffling over the colored pencils, when I went to break that up and get Em another puzzle I realize that all the puzzle pieces, from all the various board puzzles were in a heap at the bottom of the box. Of course I had to start cleaning those up. K then announced that "school is stupid" and went into the backyard and MB was upet because I was no longer sitting with her. I did get MB refocused on showing me fractions on the board. K came back inside to help with some of the puzzles and Em brought me a diaper and proceeded to lay own at my feet for a change.

The girls have gone back to play with their hermit crab for a little while and I am regrouping. Our focus on home science and home ec has gone so well, I am not sure if I can grab the reins and get everybody focused again on 'school'. One step at a time. One new subject at a time.

It is a new world this year. MB has/needs a little more structure to complete her course work, K is going to be included much more and has her own preschool work that needs to be done, I have an active/interested toddler that wants to be in the middle of everything. I feel we need to get going now, mainly because of the baby coming in the fall. I might actually need to spend a little time working on a schedule for us - gasp.

Time to start working on lunch. Maybe after EM goes down we can have a little more focus around here.

Peace,

Amy

1 comment:

J-Lynn said...

OK Amy, did I know you were pregnant? I have a terrible memory but would thought I'd remembered that! HUGS and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Hang in there, I've found that a *loose* schedule is the magic key for us most days (and a backup plan like the park) LOL

Hugs

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.