Wednesday, February 22, 2006

And for the rest of the day...

We made it out of the house and to the store during one of the breaks in the rain showers. We went to Target today. I really love Target - the prices and the styles and even their store brands are better than average. The problem with Target, for me, is the amount of $$ I can spend in there without thinking about it. These past few months I have been really good about sticking to a list and not wondering around too much - but today the stars must have been aligned a particular way. I had some extra money, thanks Uncle Sam, a list of items we have been putting off getting and three cooperative girls - which meant I spent more than I had planned to.

While wondering around the sporting goods area I made a fairly large impulse buy. It has been suggested to me to begin doing some exercising to help with the stress level in my life. I just can't fathom going to a gym - not to mention it just doesn't fall into our budget right now. Walking with the three girls is really just more stressful - I just can't relax while trying to keep MB in view and alternately persuade K to keep moving or prevent her from darting away suddenly. I have been thinking Yoga. Start it here at the house and see how it goes, if I like it I may do a class or something. So today I purchased a "starter" set and a couple of DVDs. I even bought a set of DVDs for Children's Yoga, as I have heard that it can help them with focus.

So after we got everything else done this afternoon, and EM was down for a nap, I tried it out. I laid everything out in the den and told the girls to find something to occupy themselves. I went through one of the 15 minute beginners routines. I really enjoyed it. MB joined me about half-way through, but she did really well not interrupting and joined me in doing some of the moves. She enjoyed it so much I pulled out one of the kid yoga dvds and we went through that. K ended up joining us for that one. They liked it and thought it was fun - I really thought that it could be a good way to get MB to relax a little and for both the girls to work on their flexibility. For myself - I have felt really good all the rest of the afternoon and evening. Just kind of in the moment and at peace. I am getting things done without being stressed about it.

So, Yoga is going to be added into our morning routine. I am going to try to do a 15-20 minute routine every morning before the girls get up. This will probably eat into my morning internet time, but I need the de-stress/meditation time. I don't know if we will do the girls every morning, but I would like to start of most mornings with a quick little Yoga warm-up. I will have to see how it goes.

This afternoon MB was supposed to start her soccer season. Unfortunately the weather had other ideas and we found out this afternoon that it was post-poned until Saturday - which also doesn't work for us as MB is going to the mountains to ski with her aunt. She will have her "first" practice next Wednesday. She was so disappointed, especially since she had been wearing her soccer stuff around the house since we got back from the store. I gave her the option of going skiing or staying home to go to soccer practice. She decided that she really wanted to go skiing.

Tomorrow we will have our first house showing. YEAH!! The time is even a time we are normally out of the house. The only thing is, well, are the dogs. I am going to have to take them with us. I am not sure how well that is going to go. I am already imagining Ginger eating one of the seats in the van. The dogs only get to ride in DH's car.

I am off the walk through the house and see if there is anything I can go ahead and do tonight that will not be undone tomorrow morning.

Peace,

Amy

4 comments:

J-Lynn said...

Amy I've been so bad at keeping up with blogs lately. It's been awhile since I've been here to see how things were going. I'm glad you commented today.

The Yoga thing sounds awesome! I rented a CD once but it was so occultish I was disappointed. I really enjoyed the exercises but wanted to leave behind the religion/philosophy of it. May I ask DVD's you got? I'd be interested in trying it. I used to do Leslie Sansone "Walk away the pounds" tape and the kids LOVED joining me. THey often lasted longer than me too...lol

I hope tomorrow goes well! And I hope the dogs don't eat your seats...lol

HUGS

Dy said...

Oy, I cannot imagine trying to walk for exercise w/ the kidlets in tow. It's like herding cats. Wild, feral barn cats. I'd go for the videos, too. And it's so cute that the girls joined in! What a great idea.

Well, I'm saying prayers and crossing body parts for your house selling/buying adventure! Are you excited, or are you just too tired to be excited right now?

Amy said...

Jess - The DVDs I got are produced by GAIAM. What I have watched/done so far they are very concentrated on the relaxation, exercise and don't go into any sort of philosophy and religious statements. I have enjoyed them.

Dy - I am excited and exhausted. I am trying to not to be too excited, as I tend to become overly obsessive.

Amy

Anonymous said...

Amy, is one of the DVDs Kundalini Yoga with Gurmuhk Kaur? That's the one I have, & I really like it. :)

Just started reading your blog...like it.

Rachel
Nova Scotia

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.