Friday, February 10, 2006

What I Meant To Say...

I was re-reading my post from earlier today. It just doesn't fit. I want to be all cheery and happy about what I am getting done and all that is going on. Yeah - I am working and things are getting done.

The truth is.... I am totally stressed. I am either all wound up in this or totally ignoring the work that lays around me. I just want to get the house on the market - cleaning and repairing be darned for right now and see what happens. At least it will be better than this merry-go-round of cleaning and organizing only to go back an re-clean and re-organize because (1) I have 3 children, 2 dogs and 1 husband; and (2) My cr*p is obviously reproducing itself when I am not looking. I swear I keep packing boxes and stuff keeps showing up in areas I have already cleaned out.

This afternoon I actually braved walking out in my backyard. Recently it just hasn't been a place I have ventured very much. And what did I find.... bricks that had been so very neatly laid out as boundaries for our planting areas all dug up, laying this way and that. That was just what I wanted to do in February - re-lay all those bricks. There are some really nice trenches that have been dug out - like a crazed doggy maze throughout the backyard.

It just keeps coming - and I want out. Before anything else could possibly go wrong.

I have a question for anyone who has ever had their house on the market - as I have never done this or even lived in a house that was on the market to be sold. Dirty Laundry! We do not have a laundry room and generally keep baskets in each of the bedrooms for the dirty laundry. In the master we have room in the closet to have our laundry basket, but not in the other two rooms. Where are how do you hide dirty laundry from people who are touring the house?

All this being said, I am calling the real estate agent on Monday to put the house on the market. We will continue working on the more major stuff - but we want it out there before the interest rates go up anymore. Wish us luck in getting things done this weekend.

Peace,

Amy

2 comments:

Kate said...

I bought a nicer looking basket and kept it on top of the washing machine and just left it there. It was annoying cince I had to do laundry every night or else it was an eye sore. When I did not have th time, I either hid it in the master closet or under the bed. It kept me on top of the the laudry that's for sure.

Sorry to hear you are stressed. That is definitely a feeling that can't be avoided when moving. It is temporary though...
Smile your way through it (remember that saying - fake it 'til you make it!).

Amy said...

Kate,

thanks for the advice. Tomorrow when I am out shopping for nice little baskets to hide my kitchen shelf clutter (built in shelves in the kitchen - wonderful, yet collect everything that doesn't have a home but we need to keep) I will look for a better laundry basket or two.

I really think my stress right now is directly related to just getting to the point of having the house on the market. Once the house is actually on the market I am sure I will have a totally different stress.

Amy

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.