Friday, February 24, 2006

I found THE HOUSE today!

This house has the size and layout that we have been looking for. It felt so right. I can totally see our family living in this house. DH still has to see it this weekend, but it has all the particulars that is has been looking for. The only drawbacks are that it has no fence and a lot of wallpaper. Fortunately the wallpaper is not totally tacky and is something that I can live with for awhile. The fence thing is a bummer, but most of the houses we have looked at do not have fences either - so we are getting used to that idea.

The house is so perfect for us that the 2nd bathroom is already decorated with dragonflies and butterflies.

So -- now just get rid of our house. We have had one viewer so far this week. Which, I understand isn't that unusual for the first week on the market. Hopefully after this weekend it will start picking up.

I can probably be considered a slow learner - but it is really nice to have a clean house. To know that I have to keep it clean and keeping up with all the clutter. It is actually kind of relaxing. It sounds like such a paradox - but to not be surrounded with all these half done jobs. When I sit down to relax, I can actually relax. I grew up in clutter, I have always lived with too much stuff in too small of a place - this is like a whole new world to me.

The other thing that is relaxing right now - MB has gone skiing with her aunt! We only have two kids this weekend!! Ahhhh - peace and quiet.

Off to see if I can do some knitting, in my clean and quiet house.

Peace,

Amy

2 comments:

J-Lynn said...

If you're a slow learner I must be really, really slow. I'm still learning...lol You're right, it feels darn good to sit down in a neat house and really, truly RELAX. :-)

The house news is WONDERFUL! Pryaing yours sells soon! Are you having an Open House any day?

Kate said...

ahhhh that's great to read! it does feel so refreshing to kick your feet up in a house that's already picked up!
good luck this weekend - may the people come! (see your house that is!) :)

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.