Saturday, February 18, 2006

The Home Stretch

Monday is L-Day. The day our house goes on the market list. We are down to doing the piddley things around the house. It is looking nice, but not much like our house. I am kind of missing the clutter that makes it feel like my home.

We still have not found our future home. Ones that we like have already sold and I guess we are kind of waiting for the next batch to come on the market. I am being reassured that we will find something and that it will be worth the wait. God has His plan for us.

I never have gotten my V-day present - the cleaning crew. I mentioned it to my husband the other night and he said that he would call his mother and have her come over because she can clean with the best of them. WTH - his mother is over 70 and I really don't want my MIL to come over and clean my house, you know what I mean. So I have been on my hands and knees scrubbing crevices with a toothbrush and wiping down all the molding, and so on. Oh, well I am keeping my eye out for something when we get into the new house. Maybe a new bedroom set (the cleaning crew would have been cheaper for him).

I went to Wally-world yesterday, mainly to buy new shoes for EM. But found two really nice laundry baskets to hide our laundry in. One for us and one for K & MB. EM already had a nice basket that slides under her crib. I have spent today trying to catch up with the laundry so that we can only have to do two loads each day and keep the amount in the baskets to a minimum. I am a bad one for skipping a couple of days and then having to have a marathon laundry day.

Tomorrow I have a very short list. DH's is a little longer. We have a guy coming by to clean out one of trees in the afternoon. It has ice storm damage from 3 years ago. I have also promised MB that I would take her to a college gymnastics meet in the evening. That should be fun. It is just going to be the two of us.

My plan is that the house will be 95% ready when we go to bed tomorrow night. The guy from the agency is going to be here at 11 am Monday morning to take the pictures. So I have to take the girls to their grandmother's house and then rush back to hide all the morning clutter. Once that is done we are on the market. The sign will be placed with a lockbox for our key. After that it is really out of our hands.

The good news is the our agent told us that he already has a couple of people interested in our house and that they will be by early in the week.

MB is ready to read to me. (Wait a minute did I actually just write that??) Next week I definetly need to do a school catch up blog - what there is to catch up on.

Peace,

Amy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

can you let us know the web address of your house ad, my parents are looking to move to north carolina! i dont know how i got to your blog, but am sure i was led here for this purpose! :) god bless

Amy said...

Anon,

I will not list the direct web page to access our listing for security reasons. But, in a few days if you go to realtor.com an plug in Apex, NC; 3beds/2bath; 150K - 200K our house along with many others should pop up. It is an excellent place to begin looking for houses in the area and to get an idea of what is available.

Amy

Kate said...

my brother and sister in law live in apex. we were just there this weekend. do you plan to stay in that area?

Amy said...

We do plan to stay in the area, but may be moving over to one of the other "bedroom" communities. But will stay in SW Wake Cty. Next time you are in the area let me know, maybe we can get together.

Amy

Kate said...

That would be great to meet you!
They are in Apex/Cary. Not far at all from 1010. I have no idea where that is in county though! I'll email you when we visit next - probably in a few months.

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.