Saturday, February 11, 2006

It Really Shouldn't Have Been That Hard

We started putting up crown molding today. Well, hubby started the crown molding I just came in to hold the pieces up when needed. We have a grand total of three pieces and one corner done. Not bad for a days work - hehe. So, what took so long. Well, DH and MB slept in until after 10 this morning - which wasn't too bad as the other two little ones slept until 9. I was up a little before 8, and enjoyed my hour.

It took DH and hour or so to wake up, drink coffee, etc. Then he had to go to his parents house to borrow their miter box. He took the two big ones with him and they had to visit with the grands and go have their Saturday lunch out. So, it was 3:30 before I saw them again.

Then he figured out that his old, old hand saw was rusty and dull. He needed to go buy a new one. About this time I figured if I wanted to get out of the house I better do it - so I grabbed K and EM and we headed out to the store. Two hours later I returned home to MR. Grump. He had gotten his hand saw and had been trying to cut the corner angles and it just wasn't working.

So being the helpful wife I got online and googled directions. I found some good ones and figured while he was trying to "cool off" I would try my hand at it. I did have directions with pictures even, after all. Yeah, right.

My mind cannot work in reverse and mentally put two objects together. Left - Right, inside - outside. It was decided that I could be a much more helpful wife by coming inside and cooking dinner.

A few hours later - Eureka! He finally put the directions together and figured out what we had been doing wrong, or actually the several things we had been doing wrong. So we get three boards up and it is 9:30, bedtime. Hopefully we will remember what we need to do tomorrow.

My day wasn't all filled with thrilling things like crown molding. After DH woke up, I started cleaning out the bedroom and scrubbing the Master bath. I know I am supposed to have a cleaning service come - but I can't have them come with the house looking like this ;) I have organize our clutter in the bedroom and bath. Sprayed noxious poison in the shower stall to get rid of the shampoo stains from DH's medicated shampoo. I have been tasting those fumes all day.

After that I figured I could use some computer time and started following rabbit trails on home searches. Found three more I want to at least walk through. So, today when I went to the store I did some reconneisance(sp?) on the neighborhoods. One neighborhood/yard I liked, the other two I am kind of ho-hum about, but I will at least walk through the houses. The best house - layout wise is right now on the edge of a development - which means construction going on around the house. The other two, even the one with the nice neighbrhood are smaller than what we have looked at before.

Tomorrow I am doing nursery at church. I am not really looking forward to it this week. I need to do it, I need to provide service to my church family. And, I generally do not mind nursery as a service - but I am just not in the mood for it. After that I am hoping that I can clean out the kitchen of clutter, clean the laminate wood floors in the family room and touch up paint here and there. I am sure I will also be holding crown molding while it is nailed into place.

Off to get some sleep.

Peace,

Amy

1 comment:

Dy said...

You know, Zorak and I once bought a house that we'd driven by every day for two months and had refused to look at. It had ZERO curb appeal. Our realtor kept urging us to check it out, she really thought we'd love it, and we kept saying it held no interest for us AT ALL. Finally, God bless her, she said she needed us to look at it so that she could tell if she was that far off base in understanding what we wanted. OK, FINE! So we went. Got into the back yard and Oh. My. Word. "This is it! This is OUR HOUSE!" LOL. It still had no curb appeal, but the layout, back yard, and kitchen were exactly what we'd been looking for. *shrug* You just never know. ;-)

I hope your time in nursery today was rejuvenating and uplifting.

Dy

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.