Sunday, February 26, 2006

Timing Is Everything

As if we needed further conviction that moving is the right thing for us at this time - We found out today that our family will be growing again. I am not very good with any sort of cutsey announcement. So, here it is: We are expecting bambino or maybe bambina in October. Yeah it is still earlier, and as one who has lost a pregnancy late in the 1st trimester I always worry about announcing it before 12 weeks. But, I know that I also can't keep anything like this to myself very long.

Even though we thought that EM would be our last, DH and I are really okay with this. Our families think we are crazy - but then that was determined a long time ago.

So, hopefully we will get the move all done before I am too big and lazy to be of much help.

DH and I went back to look at the house I went to on Friday. He really likes it. We are trying to figure out some sort of contigency offer to make on it tomorrow. I am not totally sure that we will be able to get this house. We know that there is one other family that is also interested in it and are trying to decide whether to make an offer or not. Considering that our family size has increased in theory since Friday, I am also not sure that God might not have other plans for us.

We will probably make an offer because it is too nice to not try for. If it doesn't work out, then I know that there is some other plan for us right now.

Finding out that I am expecting has just really put everything into perspective for me, at this moment. There is just so much that under the weight of it all I have just had to let go - God can have it and take care of it for me. I will do my part by taking care of the kids and keeping the house neat. I can't spend my time worrying about this house or any other house.

I am off the get some sleep while I can.

Peace,

Amy

5 comments:

J-Lynn said...

Oh Amy, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm so happy for you guys! You have a GREAT attitude about the house btw. I know it's hard (we've been searching just for a *rental* for over 6m now), but you have to have that attitude. Because it's true, God does have the perfect place for your family, in His time.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

What exciting news!

Dy said...

OH JOY! JOY! JOY! I'm happy for you. And you're right, God can and will take care of everything. We just have to quit meddling w/ stuff and let Him do it, right? (I am SO not one to talk, so this is all said with a smile.)

Congratulations, sweetie!

Dy

Kate said...

Oh I am soooo happy for you! What timing is right!! I sure hope this pregnancy is easy and smooth for you and that you feel great. :)

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

Congrats, Amy! I was just catching up and saw this!

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.