Monday, February 13, 2006

Committed

Yeah, I should probably be committed.

Today was a bipolar day. At 8:30 this morning I was ready to write a post about how awful I just knew today was going to be - it is Monday after all. And the girls had woken up before I did - grumpy and all. I was not ready to face the day.

I began the day by calling electricians, expecting to hear the same thing I heard all last week - either nothing or weeks before they could get to me. Instead I lucked out and the first company, one I had worked with at a previous company I worked for, were able to come right out today, in the morning. Forty-five minutes later there were men working in my garage. They will be back tomorrow with our new light fixtures to finish the job!!!

While they worked I tried to get started with school. That was a downer. MB fought me on everything until I told her that we would burn this "surprise" candle someone had given me in college and I found when packing up all the junk. When the candle burns down you are supposed to find some type of stone or gem inside. Anyway, I used it as incentive for her to get her work done. As it was it took us nearly twice as long as it should. The good thing is that we did get everything done for today and even did some kitchen science - making root beer - from a science kit she had received as a gift.

For our free time I looked through 45 home listings our agent had emailed me. Only three really looked okay for us - price, size, location. But that seemed to take me forever because my computer decided to work very slowly.

Then a homeschool friend called and was in the area and wanted to come by and play. This was very nice to sit and talk while the four children entertained each other. I had been wanting to talk with her anyway because I am beginning to work through some things that she had already been through, so it was nice to kind of talk about what to expect. Plus, I needed someone to come over and make me sit down and relax.

After they left I sent the girls out to play while I started touching up some paint areas - unfortunately the 'new' can of paint (which was mixed at the same time) was lighter than the other can. So, my touch-up became repainting an entire wall, including all the cutting in. That was so frustrating!!!

Then while I was cleaning the family room and mopping the floor, the girls went into both EM's room and their room and trashed them. How am I ever going to keep it together while this house sells??

But, tonight we signed the final papers to put our house on the market. We are Committed Now! We will be on the market mid-next week. They will come to take pictures Monday morning. This gives us one more weekend to clean, move more stuff to storage and tidy the yard. I also made an appointment to go look at two houses on Thursday. This is actually going to happen!

Randy has finished putting the crown molding up in the two bedrooms. We still need to tidy them and then paint. But - YEAH they are done! This also means that it is time to round up the kids and put them to bed.

All in all today was good, with some really frustrating periods. I just felt like I was up and then I was down... all day.

Peace,

Amy

1 comment:

Kate said...

Once the house is on the market, it becomes a whole different game! You learn to hide things well! And fast! I'll pray your house sells fast. At least spring is around the corner and that's when the market picks up so maybe it's all good timing - well God's timing actually! Happy Valentines Day :)

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.