Thursday, March 09, 2006

Free Thoughts

I finally have a chance to sit and write and all my coherent thoughts fly from my brain. So, for lack of anything better I am just going to write.

I am handeling the stress, or anxiety or what ever one wants to call this totally gut feeling of uncertainty of the future, combined with trying to keep things even more clean than normal, by reading. And then more reading. None is profound or classical or really much beyond the whole "calgon take me away" sense of reading. But I have amazed myself at just the mass of books I have read in the last three weeks. Don't ask me how I have been able to read all these books. I'm not sure, but they are getting read.

Our house certainly isn't drawing many "lookers" and that is kind of depressing me. It is hard to keep the house up and to keep the girls picking up after themselves when days go by and we hear nothing. The feedback we have gotten says our house is too cluttered and doesn't show well. And, that bothers me even more. We have filled up the storage unit and have pared everything down beyond what I was expecting to need for the next few months, but with 5 of us, there is still alot of stuff. I don't even have the energy to contend with it all.

I saw something yesterday that made me a little sad, and a bit angry. At soccer practice I was sitting in the car with the two little ones and watching MB practice, when a car pulled into the lot. This was one of those nice, loaded SUVs and the license plate "My3Brats" I thought that was really over the top. I had a family member that always referred to me as a brat, forever, I mean it still comes up today and he still thinks it is funny. The psychological damage that occurs from hearing that term in reference to me is lasting to this day. The self-image that is defined as a brat -- I just can't imagine some mom finding this to be a cute way to express how she feels about her kids.

The weather is going to be great this weekend. Eighties and sunny. I don't think I am going to let the girls in the house ;)

Better go and start cleaning in case anyone wants to drop in on us today while we are out.

Peace,

Amy

1 comment:

Melora said...

You have my sympathy about the house thing. Ours has been on the market for about 3 months, and Nothing is happening. We try to keep it neat, but it's a small house, and we are a family of four (plus the hairy collie!), with everyone home All the time, so it is an endless process. We've shown the house a grand total of three times, and two of those were "drop-ins" at times when the house happened to be messy. I keep kicking myself for not selling a year ago, when the market was hot, but that doesn't help! Maybe our buyers will show up soon.

I So agree about that license plate. I just can't imagine driving around with a plate proclaiming my distaste for my children.
Cordially,
Melora

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.