Sunday, March 26, 2006

It Might Be Good News...

Okay, here it goes, I really can't believe it : We got an offer on the house yesterday evening!! We countered and are waiting this morning to hear back. I didn't post it last night, even though I wanted to, because I thought that I might jinx it our something. But, the more I thought about that overnight the sillier it was - if this is God's will then it will happen.

Our counteroffer if accepted is what the real estate agent, three months ago, had told us would be a decent sale price in the average market that has happened. It is also about as low as we feel comfortable going, so we will see if it happens. Apparently the buyer wants to do most of the work that needs to be one around here herself, which means that it doesn't look like she plans on nitpicking us to pieces during the home inspection. That played in her favor of us looking at her original - really low offer.

Our real estate agent has also told us that the house we really like is still available - so we will probably go look at that again today. We will only have 5 weeks until close, so we will have to move on our new house really fast.

God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I Cannot Change
The Courage to Change the things I Can
And the Wisdom to Know the Difference.


Peace,

Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I've been reading your blog since early this year as I too was going through the homeschooling while selling/buying a house process and I could relate so closely to many things that you were experiencing. We sold our house after being on the market for only 2 weeks and we will be moving into our brand new home next Wednesday. So good luck with everything. I hope to read about your moving and new home soon. I'll be praying for you.

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.