Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Life has been very busy these last few days, obviously. But other than the house stuff, it has been good. I am still not writing much when it comes to homeschooling because that would be pretty boring right now. We just have not been doing a lot outside of the normal school stuff. The girls have been having a lot of free time between the house stuff and then the pregnancy "I have to stop and rest right now" thing. This is good and bad. I love watching their creativity in action, but I am also noticing these last couple of days that they want a little more organized time during the day. They *say* they don't, but their actions and the whining are telling me a totally different story.

Yesterday we went and tried out a new gymnastics class for the girls. Something that I thought all three could be involved at the same time. But, even though EM is age ready for the mom & tot class she is just not a child who would rather be with me in these situations. She was all over the place; examining the equipment wanting to crawl under or over. Otherwise she wanted to go over to where MB's class was. When I tried to keep her in the circle she would just scream out her frustration at me.

Other than that the class was good. Both MB and K enjoyed their classes, which had more kids that they recognized from our homeschool group. At the end of the class the coach came over to speak to me about MB. Their thoughts are that MB needs to be on the development team. They have been trying to recruit MB for months, since she attended a birthday party at the gym. I asked if I needed to put MB in the regular classes (which are in the evening :( ) and they replied that not right now - that as the coaches for MB's age group they want to work with her in this small group (only 4 kids) for 6 weeks and then have her try out for the team in May. So, we will do this for right now and see how MB likes the added discipline.

She really does need this type of push to get her to exceed, keep moving forward. She has been graced with a lot of things coming easy to her, especially in sports. When she is constantly with others of her age group, but maybe not ability level - she tends to only do as much as everyone else. I have watched this on her soccer team. She doesn't even want to work with me and kick the ball around like we used to - because "she doesn't need to"

The pregnancy is going well, or I assume so. I still have not gotten around to calling the doctor yet. I feel comfortable and well and I know to take my vitamins. So, I just have not felt any real push to go in yet. The tiredness and nausea is letting up little bit. Afternoons are still the worst, but at least it isn't all day anymore.

Last night my sinuses/allergies started bothering me and woke me up around 2:00am. After that I laid awake for the next 2 hours thinking about all the things that could go wrong and mess up this move. That was frustrating!

But today I have started working on our to do list. I have called about getting a cracked window pane fixed, ordered packing boxes and have called a moving company about an estimate. We are dissapointed that interest rates went up yesterday - but hopefully will get locked in as soon as I can get the copies of the buy/sell contracts from the agent (today!!) before they go up again.

Time for me to go get the girls organized again and run some errands.

Peace,

Amy

2 comments:

Pirate Princess said...

I didn't go into the doctor this last time until entering my 3rd tri-mester... and got a sock to learn I was having twins! lol! Sounds like you're taking good care of yourself, and that's the important thing. :)

Dy said...

I think once we realize they aren't really doing anything those first few months, anyway, we go later and later. With Smidge, we went around 30 weeks. With Emily, I only went in at 26 weeks for the ultrasound. :-) If you know what to look for, and know how to take care of yourself, you'll be fine. The hullabaloo about prenatal "care" as soon as you know you're pg is more for those who aren't aware of what they need to do and need that guidance (but the medical practitioners seem to have forgotten that along the way).

The girls are doing so well, Amy! I'll bet they are such a joy for you. Thank you for giving us a peek at what's going on. It always makes me smile.

{{hugs}} Dy

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.