Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Hanging On

Thank you guys for your hugs below to my whine session. This to Shall Pass and I will barely remember this moment in my personal history.

This has become my motto for the last few days. I hang on until nap time, until dh comes home from work, until bedtime, until the weekend - you get the point. The tiredness factor, for me, is much worse than the nausea, although that is not a picnic either.

We are hanging on and holding it together. I am trying very hard to keep things running as smoothly as possible and as normal as possible. We are still progressing in school, although not nearly as many of the fun things are getting done as I would like and imagined doing this year. That is something I need to work on.


The house is still being shown - which honestly is both good and bad. The fact that people are coming out to look at it is good. But, it has been hard to keep the house up and get through the clean up sessions. Thankfully the last two were on the weekend when DH and my mom were here to help with the clean up and the girls. Had I known I was pregnant before we got the house ready for market I think we would have waited. This is really difficult during the first trimester.

I do have some fun things in the works for the next few weeks school and life-wise. I am going to get back to those things that are important for us to focus on - having fun with the girls and enjoying our spring before the humidity-filled heat settles on us. I am going to try to remember to break out the camera and enjoy the messy, laugh-filled learning that can take place in a house with young children.

So, if you don't hear from me for a few days at a time it's because that is where I have chosen to exert my limited energy reserves.

Peace,

Amy

2 comments:

Dy said...

When the weather is (regularly) nicer, you can do your schooling and activity time outside. Won't that look quaint for passersby? And the house can remain tidy and neat, except for when you fill it with the aroma of food!

Ok, I'm trying, here. I don't blame you one bit for feeling a little overwhelmed. It's hard work growing a baby, raising three young ones, and still tending to a showcase home. That's why none of us manages all three simultaneously. You have a lot on your plate, and it's a-ok to admit that it's not all fun-and-games, even if nobody pokes an eye out!

Keep hanging in there!!
Dy

Amy said...

Dy,

Thank you for your support. You are one amazing woman yourself with what you have accomplished these last six months!

At the end of the road I know that there is a place for us, one that will be perfect for us for right now. The road to it is just like one of those rutted, dirt and gravel roads they have down thar in 'bama. It is might hard on our suspension system while we are traveling on it.

And, yes I am looking forward to consistently nice weather for the very purpose of keeping the dogs and children outside more - not to mention lifting up my mood.

Amy

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.