Monday, March 13, 2006

I just wish I could paint a picture with words the way some people can. Today is a day that would be worth painting. The weather is phenomenal, the way it can be in Spring around here, but so often isn't. Flowers are blooming, the azealas are just beginning. Trees are beginning to bud and everywhere is just the faintest bit of green. The pollen has not quite started in earnest so we can still be outside without having to load up on antihistamines.

Last night we slept with the windows open and the ceiling fans running. It was wonderful to wake up to the birds singing this morning. Soon we will have to fight the pollen and then too soon it will be way too humid - but for today we can enjoy.

Except for the birds, this morning did not get off to the best of starts. Apparently EM had gotten sick during the night and being the sleeper that she is, it did not phase her. So I found her sleeping in her mess - Yes - YUCK!! So, with my weak stomach I was cleaning her, her bed and the walls near her crib. It wasn't pleasant and all I could do to not make a worse mess in there.

Thankfully the day went much smoother than this morning. I got a little mor organizing done as I am trying to address the whole clutter thing while keeping the things we need handy. I picked up some of those cloth baskets to go in our cubbyhole organizer that the educational toys are stored in. This will at least make them less visible. On Friday I also picked up a new quilt and pillows for our bed - the first purchase like this since MB was born more than 6 years ago. We needed it and it really perked up the bedroom.

Besides having to chase K down the street when she decided that she was going to go play with friends the girls have been very good for me to get these projects done in the morning. I have been able to balance it by doing a project, play a game, do another chore or project.

School is getting done during EM's nap time right now - between 12 and three. It isn't the best time because I generally have to refocus MB and I would kind of like to take a nap. Today was probably the longest time we have spent on lessons in awhile, and not because MB was dragging on them, but because she was engaged and enjoying them. She told me the other day that she really likes homeschool now!! Which is so great to hear considering the fight she put up at the beginning of the year.

The afternoon has been spent outside. Watching the girls run around the backyard, and relaxing on the deck, when I haven't had to save EM from a tumble down the steps. I am so glad Spring is here.

I have potatos in the oven, my homemade roasted potatos per request, for dinner. I am trying to decide how to cook the meat to go with them.

A high energy, high mood day all around.

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.