Thursday, March 02, 2006

Careful for What You Wish For

I have been walking around for days lamenting the fact that we have only had one person come view our house in the nine days it has been on the market (I have told you I am impatient). Anyway, today, Thursday, is probably my busiest day of the week. Mornings are always a hassle - getting them all up, fed and dressed, gymnastics clothes packed and books and schoolwork ready. Generally I don't even take time to eat Thursday mornings, instead grabbing something later in the morning. Of course add in one mommy in early stages of expentancy, and that throws the system off even more.

So, I felt lucky just to get the kids out the door only 10 minutes late this morning. Who cared that the girls had spread toys all of the family room floor this morning, that I had not made beds yet, the girls' blankets and pillows that they drag out to the family room were still on the sofa and chair where they had started their wake up routine, cereal bowls sitting on the counter by the sink - waiting for me to come home to rinse and stick in the dishwasher.

Can you see where I am going with this?

Yep, I had to stop by between activities because I realized that I had left my wallet on the table. The dead bolt was locked - a dead giveaway. Yes - my house was shown in this state, this morning. I am so embarrassed. I have worked so hard for the last two weeks to keep it in shape so that we could show in a few minutes notice. And the one morning that I find I am incapable of doing this --- errrrrrrr! What is even worse I woke up this morning thinking - my house stinks - I will air it out this afternoon when I am home. Of course the fried eggs I ate (a strange craving that seems to hold off the neausea) didn't help with the "smell". I am truly thankful that I thought to put the dogs out today.

I doubt I hear anything good from this visit.

Lots of other things have been going on around here in my attempt to push this house thing to the side of my mind. I sat down the other night and figured out a "school map" for us for this spring and summer. I also tried to estimate our completion dates for some of our studies. I figure we will not finish MB's math book until sometime in October and we might finish SOTW 1 in December. Since we school year-round I don't stress too much about when we finish something - plus I will not be part to the curriculum rush next summer.

My big goal is to continue with improving MB's reading skills. It has finally clicked. Her reading is really flowing, she is very, very comfortable with Grade 1 level books. We should hit Greeks sometime in May or June with SOTW and I am hoping thatMB will feel comfortable enough to attemp The Odyssey series by Mary Osborne Pope with me then. This fall I am hoping that we will be able to move from phonics, sight words, word family work to grammar and I would like to introduce Latin.

In Science we will finish up the human body in April then go back to the Woods and Plants unit we left off in the fall, then late July we will start an astronomy unit to take us into next fall.

It feels good to have something own on paper especially to get us through the beginning of the pregnancy. Especially since it is only a "map" which means it leaves us open to taking some side roads as we come to them. In August I will reasses and map out the fall into the winter to take account of hopefully a new baby.

Better get back to the troops.

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.