Sunday, May 15, 2005

I am back

Hello all. I am back from a relaxing 24 hour retreat with my bible study group. It was a wonderful and interesting time. Yesterday morning we spent in quiet reflective time. I sat out on the dock overlooking the lake and wrote in my journal and just picked through various bible passages that caught my attention. We spent about 4 hours in quiet time and it was really something that I needed that I wasn't aware that I needed.

Other than that we played a few board games, ate and talked. Yesterday evening before we began to pack up we sat on the deck and were rocking and I felt so strange. Nothing to do, nothing to worry and fret over. It was a wonderful get away.

I got back to the house about 11 last night. The girls were all in bed, the house was still somewhat clean and my husband was happy. I believe that it was a good weekend for all of us.

On to other things. I have been tagged by Millenium Hippies. I am supposed to pick five out of the list below and respond.

If I could be a scientist
If I could be a farmer
If I could be a musician
If I could be a doctor
If I could be a painter
If I could be a gardener
If I could be a missionary
If I could be a chef
If I could be an architect
If I could be a linguist
If I could be a psychologist
If I could be a librarian
If I could be an athlete
If I could be a lawyer
If I could be an inn-keeper
If I could be a professor
If I could be a writer
If I could be a llama-rider
If I could be a bonnie pirate
If I could be an astronaut
If I could be a world famous blogger
If I could be a justice on any one court in the world
If I could be married to any current famous political figure

Okay here are my answers:

1. If I could be a scientist I would develop staple crops that could be grown in the extreme regions of the world so that farmers in the arid countries could provide the food needs for their fellow people, while also increasing the employment in the areas around the farms. Thereby reducing some of the economic-created strife that cripples those areas of the world.

2. If I could be a farmer I would raise organic vegetables and herbs (for various food and medicinal uses). I would also raise sheep. I would learn how to treat and dye the wool using natural dyes.

3. If I could be a librarian I would probably be fired for reading on the job too much.

4. If I could be a professor I would want to teach sociology or cultural anthropology. I would teach the students that it isn't important how much of the information I teach you that you learn, but the important thing is to learn how to learn.

5. If I could be an inn-keeper I would create a retreat B&B with no electronics allowed (tv, radio, cell phones, computers, etc.) This would be located on a lake or river near the mountains with plenty of hiking trails or it would be located on an insland that is deserted and only accessible by boat. I would have no planned activities and a kitchen available for guests to use at any time. The main point would be to get away and relax and let your body's natural rhythms take over.


That was cool. Thank you Millenium Hippies.

I don't really have any idea who to tag at this time, or who has not been tagged yet. Let me get back on that.

I am going to go and teach the girls how to weed a garden :)

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.