Tuesday, May 17, 2005

A new path?

I have wanted to return to school for a long time and work towards a Masters Degree. I just have never really been able to pinpoint what I would even want to study. The problem is that I generally just want to learn for the sake of learning. I have never been able to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

For the past six months or so I have been working in my church to develop additional bible studies and education programs along with a team. I have really, really enjoyed this work. It speaks to me and it is something that I feel strongly about in our church. So I have been thinking about returning to school somehow to study Theology and Christian Education. So far I have really been able to get past the fact that it will require more of my time and the whole $$ issue for me to just study something for the sake of studying it. I had no idea what I could do with it.

So, today I was asked by the pastor if I would have an interest in joining the church ministry team as the Christian Education Director. To serve as the person to coordinate and develop the many and varied programs that our small church offers and wants to offer. I am interested, really interested. I just have all the normal concerns about family, time, etc. I know that the position will not be full-time to start and we are a very family-centered church so small children are not a deterrent to the position. It is something that I will pray about.

I just feel that this is a calling for me, the way that it has come about, step-by-step. Whatever my decision I know that I want to remain in christian education in some way. This would be a way to justify the education and the education could help me grow in the position as the position grows.

It is something that I will be considering.

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.