Tuesday, May 31, 2005

My daughter has expensive taste

On our way home from being grocery shopping today I pulled into a fast food drive-thru (so they could eat while I put away the food) and in front of us was a beautiful red convertible porsche. MB pipes up with "Mom, that's a hot car. I am going to have one like that."

This morning MB and I sat down and made up a menu for the rest of the week. I also had her tell me some of the meals that she would like to have later in the month. I printed off the new food pyramid and talked to her about why we can't have alternating chicken nuggets and hot dogs every night. Then she helped me make a list for our bi-weekly shopping trip.

This afternoon she is going to help me separate the bulk packages down to meal-size packages and prepare the vegetables for the freezer.

I found a neat sausage at the store: chicken, asiago cheese and spinach. My mouth is watering. I believe we will try it tomorrow night with corn on-the-cob.

Tonights menu:

Spinach Salad, Grilled Shrimp & Veggie Kabobs over roasted potatoes (mom & Dad)

Reg. Salad, Fish Sticks, Grilled Veggies and Fruit Kabobs (Girls)

I just love this time of year with all the fresh fruit and veggies, not to mention it is wonderful to be able to use the grill almost every night so I do not have to heat up the kitchen.

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.