Monday, May 09, 2005

Nice Days

Mother's Day was a lot of fun! This was the first year that my girls got into it, and the first Mother's Day that my husband did not have to work for most of the day. After feeding little EM I was able to go back to bed while dh took care of the morning duties.

I woke up to pancakes and sausages cooking for me. The big girls were a little disappointed that I really did not want to eat in bed, but ewww.

Everyone happily and graciously got ready for church. We were on time and it was a very good service.

When we got home I made phone calls to all the other mothers in our lives and I only had to recharge my phone twice. Then was able to just relax and play with the girls for a little bit before DH took them out with him and left me with little EM for a couple of hours. I finished reading a book on the Trinity that I had been trying to work through in the evening.

The weather has been wonderful this weekend and into today. It has been warm and not humid. Today we went to the park and then came home and picked up the books I had forgotten that were due at the library. Instead of hopping back into the car we decided to walk the mile or so to the library. MB rode her bicycle and I pushed the two younger ones in the stroller. By the time we got back I was exhausted.

I am really enjoying these days before the humidity sets in and we become more or less trapped in the house due to the heat factor and mosquitoes.

Today MB comes running back into the house and grabs her "Dick and Jane" book and tells me that she is going next door to read to our neighbor's mother who is wheelchair bound and really enjoys watching the girls play out her window. I think it is great that one, MB is gaining so much confidence that she wants to read to someone other than her Dad and I, and two that she really does enjoy visiting with our elderly neighbor.

I am off to enjoy a little more.

Peace to all,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.