Friday, October 14, 2005

A Day Off

At least that is what it has felt like to me. MB left this morning with my BIL and SIL, she will spend the weekend with them at their place in the mountains. So, we did not have 'school' today. Although, Fridays tend to be project days anyway.

K and EM were in good spirits today, even with the cold that EM is recovering from. So we really had a peaceful day. They played together and played side-by-side. EM loves to watch K play, sometimes waiting until just the right moment to destroy whatever K has been working on. But K takes it well.

And, what did Mommy do with her day off?

1. Rearranged the furniture in the family room. Taking the huge, oversized speakers out that were no longer hooked up to anything, moving the sofa around to face the fireplace for those winter cuddles, hung the whiteboard up on the wall instead of leaning in front of the fireplace and created a small comfy reading corner. I like the arrangment, especially for this hard to arrange area. Now it is actually broken into smaller zones which, just might actually help to contain some of the clutter.

2. Cleaned the kitchen, three loads of laundry, bathroom cleaning day -ugh.

3. Started prepping the walls for the future paint job. We have painted paneling and I am trying to fill the grooves in the wall (above the chair railing) so that it looks more like a smooth wall. Although the technique I am trying with wall repair mud is actually going to give it a faint textured look which is fine also. This job is going to take a while, thus starting now for a December paint job.

4. Read and played with the little girls. K is getting so smart, and she is funny!!! It makes me sad that she gets lost in the shuffle somtimes. Of course, MB has a tendency to overshadow all that are around her.

5. Started to process of cleaning out the back of yard along the fence line. I am not sure what we are going to do back there, but it was so overgrown that is was messy looking. I am not a gardner, so I have no idea what to use in such a wet shaded place. The good news is that it has some of the best soil in our yard. Lots of decomposing going on there.

6. Pick up, fix dinner and knit another five rows onto MB's poncho in between puzzle playing with K and feeding EM.

Now I have to go put away all those clothes I washed today and hit the hay. I am tired from my day off.

Peace,

Amy

2 comments:

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

We took all of last week off, and I didn't manage to do half of that list. I kept telling myself that it would hardly be a break if all I did was work. ;)

Amy said...

I know, but my husband asked me what I did with my "day off." Like not actually teaching for a day gives me a day off.

Also, I only tend to do that much work in a day about once a month. Yep, I nest every single month for one day, then I am in a bad mood for about a week when Aunt Flo comes. It is kind of like my form of PMS, only much more prouctive than a headache.

Amy

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.