Friday, October 14, 2005

Tilt To The Right

Okay, after I tell ya'll what I did this evening you will probably discover that I am a little crazy. But I have this problem with my house that keeps driving me nuts. When I sit on the sofa in the family room and look up the hallway I keep feeling like the house is unlevel towards the right. And when I am in the kitchen the same thing.

It has worried me because I am aware that we have floor jacks under the house because of issues like floor joists being too far apart and that type of thing. And, well, this house has had some settlement issues. So I keep thinking that the house is going to collapse upon itself any day. My husband thinks I am nuts. Okay, he thinks I am nuts about a lot of things so we will just add this one to the list.

Anyway tonight, while hubby was out with MB to a football game (which our team lost miserably), I got the level out and went around the house. Everything is level! So why when I look at it everything has a very sharp, definite tilt to the right?

It is just strange. But, I do feel a whole lot better about the house. Now I can just worry about what is wrong with me.

Peace,

Amy

2 comments:

Dy said...

You know, I had a bathroom that had a cubby spot that I could have SWORN every angle was askew in it. It made me dizzy to be in there, and drove me nuts. Until one day, I did a similar thing - I used a square and checked the corners. Perfectly square. Checked the walls - totally plumb. Know what it was? The linoleum was laid crooked. Just off enough to make the walls look loopy, but not off enough to be an obvious flooring issue. I was SO glad to know I wasn't nuts.

It might be something like that w/ your place - either paneling that isn't perfectly straight up 'n down, or flooring that's just slightly off. Maybe even trim that's not level or even. It's not you. You're not nuts... at least not on this, right?

Oh, I am SO enjoying catching up on all your wonderful posts and pictures lately (now that it doesn't take 35 min. for the page to load, it's really FUN!!) Congratulations on all the big strides, steps, and revelations. Keep pluggin' along!

Dy

J-Lynn said...

I agree with Dy. Figure out if there's something around it setting it off. I'm obsessive compulsive but the opposite with my walls. My dad recently put in shelving in the kids rooms and the wall was so badly buckled he had to shimmie the back so you didn't see the wave in the wall... This house is NOT built very well. Thank goodness it's just a rental!

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.