Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Wednesday Wrap-up

Our day has gone generally well. We did things a little differently today and it was fun and kind of stopped some of the whining. We all got up a little late, or at least the last time for me. I was up with EM at 5 am because she has a cold and is not sleeping well.

We had breakfast, did some chores and then MB started in on her morning whine about having to do schoolwork. So I shook it up by starting with history this morning. She and K di some coloring, MB a map from SOTW activities, while I read Chapter 6. Then we did the review questions, which MB responded to by saying "I don't know" to each question. Then I pulled the book out to read again, and MB promptly gave a nearly perfect summary of the entire reading. I don't know why she does that. This isn't the first time that she acts like she doesn't know something.

After history we moved into math while I tried to sooth EM.


Math is still review, so MB was able to work by herself. The nice thing is that she is willing to work by herself, at least as long as I give her a grade and a sticker after we review it together. Here she is working on her math lesson.



Instead of the next lesson in 100 Easy Lessons, we did a couple of phonics/word families worksheets and then read an entire story from one of the older reading primers that my mom had given us. She reads so much better out of those. I would stop using 100 Easy Lessons, but we are so close to being done and MB says that she wants to finish it. Word families and writing have really been the ticket this last week. MB loves writing little stories up on the whiteboard.



K spent her day, coloring, playing with her leappad and building train tracks. She is taking a nap this afternoon and has been pretty quiet all day. I hope that she isn't coming down with a cold also. MB is supposed to go out of town this weekend with my bil and sil, and I don't really want to be home with 2 sick babies.


To be filed under - What Will They Say Next

Remember Mom, the problem is that we are little and we don't understand. When we are old like you we will clean better.

Said in response to my question of why she and K put up such a fight over cleaning up. See they lost a good size pile of their toys earlier this week because they didn't clean up their bedroom the first 10 times we asked. So, now they are riding around in the back of hubby's car.

I finshed reading Jane Eyre last night. I do really enjoy that book. The character of Jane is just so much more like a heorine than either of the sisters in Sense an Sensibility. I could go on and on, but this is not 11th grade English, and I don't feel like writing an english composition. I rather admire a woman during this time period that can go out and take care of herself and isn't afraid to know her mind as opposed to women who spend their days worrying about everyone else and who has money, who would make the best match.

I am off to the library, by myself, this evening to figure out what to read next.

Peace,

Amy

3 comments:

MamaGeph said...

That is one articulate kid! It sounds almost like something out of a Milne book!

Amy said...

Orally yes. She has been talking since whe was 10 months old, and practices A LOT!

Gem said...

My Dd6 picked up reading after about 20 of the 100 lessons, so we never finished it with her. Dd5 picked up a Dick and Jane reader and started reading it right off! I guess she's a sight reader, lol. The more OCD side of me really wants to finish that book with someone -- I guess we'll save it for Baby Boy.

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.