Friday, October 28, 2005

Hi!

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Life is going on, it really hasn't been that busy - just not a lot that I felt like writing about.

My mom was up this week, and has decided to stay on till tomorrow. She is working in my yard and it just isn't progressing as quickly as she likes. It cuts down on my computer time because the guest room is also the computer work.

We are adding a new program to the girls education - mommy's recovery. I have found a neat meeting that is very child friendly during the mornings. So about two times a week, we will probably attend. K and EM will play with the other babies/toddlers and preschoolers, while MB plays and does schoolwork with the homeschool kids. The two mornings we have gone this week have gone really well. I have gotten fed, and the girls are actually enjoying it.

This week I also got to meet with the women who were in my bible study last year for a morning directed prayer session. It was very, very neat and we all enjoyed it and decided that we are going to try to make it a regular thing. So, on the weeks we don't have science co-op we will be going to the church.

On Wednesday I had the first SOTW I arts & crafts co-op at my house. It was crowded and chaotic. But I think it went okay. I have another month to plan better, and maybe I will not have an emotional breakdown just before it.

One would think that with all the running around and outside activities that we have done this week - nothing has gotten done. But I am looking at what we have done and am very pleased. Each day we have done math, science, reading and writing. We have done history 2 days this week. Some of the activities have been child-directed and led (yesterday MB showed me a neat experiment from Zoom and explained to me how it worked). Reading aloud has been great!! Last night she read me not one, but two stories. And then today while we were at the meeting she wrote me a story and illustrated it.

I guess I am learning not to stress out too much about how things will work out - because they just will.

And some fun stuff - Today I ordered the book I needed for the science curriculum that we are going to start in a couple of weeks. Since I needed $25 for free shipping I kept shopping, and shopping. Picked up some stuff for birthdays and Christmas. So my $7 book became a $90 order. But I am thrilled. I love book shopping - even from home!!

I better get back to doing things around the house. If anything has been overlooked this week it has been that.

Peace,

Amy

2 comments:

Dy said...

Yay. I'm so glad for you, Amy. This morning's prayers will be updated to add praise and thankfulness. :-) Thanks for the update. Enjoy your visit w/ your Mom and give her a hug from me, ok? One for you, too!

Dy

J-Lynn said...

Glad the co-op went OK. Things sound like they are going better. And how neat to include the girls in the recovery process. It adds to accountability as well as educating them for the future.

HUGS

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.