Wednesday, March 16, 2005

That was torture

Upon second thoughts I have added back in phonics practice with MB and we are again attempting to work our way through 100 Easy Lessons. MB is very impatient and wants to move through things as quickly as possible, especially sounding things out. She would much rather memorize a word and move on. I am being mean and putting my foot down on this. She does not struggle with the work, but just doesn't want to do it. We have been working on phonics again for over a week. She knows it is the one thing that we will do each day and we will not do math or science until we have it done. Twenty minutes is all I ask of her.

We just spent an hour-and-a-half on one lesson. On every single thing I had to refocus her back to the lesson. She would sound out a sound or word perfectly, then I would have her do it again and she said that she couldn't. I stuck with it, because I don't want her to think that she will be able to get out of it by acting that way. But I know that my blood pressure was through the roof. I even had to walk away at one point.

The past couple of days it hasn't just been the phonics, she has been whiney and uncooperative. Did the real MB decide to go on vacation and leave me the alien again?

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.