Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Update on "Torture"

Wanted to give a quick update regarding my vent below. The rest of the day went better, and a couple hours after the "lesson" MB came to me and wanted to read two Bob Books that she has recently been struggling with. I would say that she read them at about a 90% profeciency. She then took the next one saying that she wanted to practice with that one. So maybe it will all be worth it, knowing that I will probably go through the same tomorrow.

I realize that over the past month my dh and I have introduced s few new routines and rules. We have tried to introduce them slowly and individually, and until the past couple of days I had not seen any backlash to them. And I don't think I am seeing anything truly 'negative', I just think MB is trying to see what the new boundaries are and if the old boundaries are still in existence. I am hoping that in a few weeks I will not even be able to remember the past few days.

Got good news this evening. Our Rightstart materials should get here Friday. I so need some direction there, because I am having so much trouble keeping up with her in math. I spend so much time looking for materials and games for her math, and she flies through it so quickly, with excellent recall, that I am just running out of energy when it comes to that.

It is bedtime for me.

Peace

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.