Monday, January 02, 2006

It's Too Quiet

It is too quiet around here. DH took the big girls to a b-ball game and EM is already sleeping. I am trying to enjoy the peace and quiet, but my mind is racing around too fast to enjoy. We had agent #1 come to look at our house today and discuss our options. So, yeah it could be possible. I sound pretty convinced don't I.

I don't know why, but now I am doubting the ability for us to purchase a new home. Evrybody keeps tellign us it is possible, but I wonder how smart it is. Of course I tend to either be dreaming or conjuring dark storm clouds. I have a seriously hard time thinking in moderation. So I am swinging back and forth on this.

We need to visit a couple of lenders to find out finally if this will be possible or not. See we don't spend a lot of money on extras which allows us to sink more into a house - but I know lenders may shy away from us due to our income. Our credit is wonderful, but I know that doesn't mean anything if we don't make the magic number X per year. For some reason this is tying me up in knots, even though logically I know that the worse they can say is no. It is not like we don't already have a house that we can live in for awhile longer if necessary. Saying no to a home loan will not change our life from the way we are living it today - but for some reason I am stressing about it. I have become too attached to the whole idea of moving.

The suggestions from the agent on selling our house includes:
1. De-clutter (yeah, I told you that would be number one)
2. Update kitchen countertop and stove (yep, knew that would be there too and glad DH heard it)
3. Paint, paint, paint
4. Remove carpet from EM's bedroom and expose hardwoods under
5. Buff hardwood floors (I wonder how difficult that is going to be)
6. Move furniture around in Family Room so that French Doors can be used (We just got the furniture placed in a way that we like)

What wasn't on there but I know we need to do it

1. Clean backyard (the kids and dogs have bad habits of leaving things out there so it looks like a shower of trash has descended on it)
2. Fix electrical issues in Garage (after an electrical storm 5 years ago we lost our overhead lights in the garage)
3. Have carpet cleaned (Heck, I need to have the whole house cleaned by someone who actually knows what they are doing)

All these thoughts. Maybe I need to go put this nervous energy to use by cleaning out something.

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.