Sunday, January 08, 2006

That was Fast

This weekend has flown by. It has been a very pleasant weekend, not nearly as warm as they keep saying it is going to be, but very pleasant all the same. I got boxes on Friday from my SIL, so my job on Saturday was to start packing up some of our loved but not necessary items. What we pack now means less to pack in the future (near future, I hope).

So, Saturday afternoon I packed away books and knick-knacks, puzzles and games. Some of the favorites right now were left out, but the rest packed away for the time being. DH organized the garage so we could put the boxes in there and still move around. It feels very, very strange to be packing up when we have no destination in mind. No time table, no nothing. Yet, we know we are going to do it at some point.

This morning, all of us were feeling somewhat lazy. So we slept in and enjoyed our morning. We took the day off from church, since next Sunday, Sunday school starts again - I figured it might be the last one for awhile. At 12:30 we meet the real estate agent to tour another house. This is another one in a "community" neighborhood, albeit a different community than house #2. We really liked House #3. The layout was nice, it was in excellent shape and the yard was okay. The yard was not absolutely detestable like house #2, but still had no fence and did back up to the main neighborhood road, although the house sits on a cul-de-sac. The general feeling is that while the house is a possibility to us, it probably will not still be on the market when we are ready to start dealing. And, TBH, I still think we can find something better out there, especially if we wait until Feb. which is the beginning of the house selling/buying season.

What DH and I have discussed though, after viewing these last two houses, is that with the girls the ages that they are and their love on being in the road riding bicycles, scooters, and so forth, that maybe a planned community is the way for us to go right now. The advantages being that there are generally sidewalks, cul-de-sacs, play parks and swimming pools. We lose a lot in yard space, but the girls rarely use what we have now - always wanting to be out in the street. We are going to be spending time doing a cosmetic work to this house before we put it on the market and I really don't want to be spending the first few months in a new house doing the exact same thing. So, basically, house #1 is not as likely as it was last week. I still love the house and especially the yard, but I don't think it is what fits our family needs.

Our plan is to keep working on the house and keep working. By the first of Feburary we should either have our house on the market or be ready to. Then, hopefully, it will only be a short time until we are ready to offer for whatever house is meant to be ours. This evening I went to Lowes and picked through paint chips - beautiful creams and taupes to paint those neutral colors in our house. I am hoping to start painting the moldings this week. Then next week when K is with my mom, maybe really knock out the main part of the painting in the kitchen, family room and girls' bedroom.

Tomorrow, it is back to life in normal. Schoolwork, trip to the library and other such things.

Peace,

Amy

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hi - I somehow stumbled upon your blog. Your blog is amazing - so well written. I've got you bookmarked. :)
And your kids are so so cute! I have a read head too (more like copper). I wanted red hair when growing up, and I ended up having one. God is GOOOOOD!

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.