Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sometimes the Headache is Worth It

I am exhausted and achy and covered in three different color paints. But our 10-hour marathon session of painting was worth it today. The house is really starting to look nice. Too bad we are totally doing it for a mysterious someone else. What was supposed to be a weekend project suddenly became a Sunday-only project for us when DH had to make a service call to the coast yesterday and was gone all day.

That worked out because my MIL came over Saturday morning and helped me for a couple of hours packing china and toys in the girls' room. Then we had errands, that I am so far behind on. And, MB had a birthday party to go to. So, Saturday would have been somewhat of a wash anyway. Plus, I felt awful all-day-long! I ended up going to bed at 8:30pm, a totally unheard hour for me and slept straight through until 8 am this morning.

This morning we prepped the family room and kitchen and when MB and K headed off with their aunt to a basketball game we got down and dirty. DH tackled the Family Room, while I slaved over the kitchen. All we have left is to paint the area behind the frig, the shelves in the kitchen and the upper cabinets. Then we will be off to tackle the big girls' bedroom. There we have to strip a wall boarder and repaint. Then it will just be touch ups in the rest of the house.

I still have a lot of clutter to de-clutter and box up. We also have to decide which pieces of furniture that while they make our life easier and more comfortable, we can do without. Our garage is just about full, so we are going to have to make a decision soon wbout whether we are going to move things to Dh's sister's house or rent a storage unit a little bit closer to our house.

My goals for tomorrow:
- Actually have "school"
-Chinese New Year Craft Day Materials
- Box up unnecessary office stuff, clean office/den
- Start stripping wall boarder
- Finish data entry on work project
- Grocery Store

I am stressed, and I am busy, and sometimes I can't figure out if I am coming or going - but I am happy and really kind of enjoying it right now. I am such an adrenelyne junkie sometimes. This is the type of thing that, very rarely, I do miss about the job I used to have.

I will be very busy over the next few days, so if I don't seem to be around, it isn't that I don't want to be. And if I am posting it means that I am procrastinating on something else that I need to be doing.

Peace,

Amy

1 comment:

Dy said...

I have discovered that the sleep of the duly exhausted is most satisfying. It's a wonderful sensation, and to have the tangible results of your effort right there feels great, doesn't it? WTG, you guys! You're doing so well.

Have a great week!
Dy

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.