Monday, January 30, 2006

Playing with Friends

"Daddy did you get to go out and play with your friends today?"

"No, honey. I was at work."

"That's too bad. It was a beautiful, sunny day."

The conversation between DH and MB as he was putting her to bed tonight. It was a beautiful day. And, as a continuation of our weekend we put off doing all the necessaries and went out to play with our friends.

Following my utter collapse at the end of last week, I took it easy this weekend. An, thus, nothing much has gotten accomplished towards - well anything concrete. But our mental health is on the mend and we have enjoyed it.

Saturday I got up and went to the early meeting and then came home. DH decided to change the oil in the cars and took the big girls out with him. They ended up getting the car washed and going to a coin shop (an old hobby of his that he would like to begin again). I went back to bed and napped while EM napped. I think I did manage to shove a few more boxes into the garage and collapse the folding table that was serving as the extension to our computer area. And, that was the extent of my usefulness. I spent most of the day just kind of existing - not real sure what to do with myself.

Sunday went much better. I had recovered a lot of my energy and had also refocused myself. We were able to get up an actually make it to Sunday school. After church we had to do a quick clean on the house before the Real Estate agent came over. Which, it ends up we should not even had bothered. He did not really give us any good direction on what all needs to be done. Because I want a list to follow and what I got was it is looking good and just keep working on cleaning and decluttering. We just need to give him a call about four days before we want it on the market.

MB left to go the MC-D's with some friends and their mother. So I headed out early for my meeting and to grab a little time to myself. I had a meeting and then got together with some women for a potluck and spiritual meeting. (30 minute spiritual meeting - 2 hour gab session) It was wonderful and great. And I have missed things like this so much. I didn't get home until 9:30 Sunday night.

I woke up this morning and it was warm, and the fog was burning off and I just wanted to play hookey. But, the practical side of me kept coming up with this list of things I needed to do - pay bills, go buy Turbo Tax so I can do the taxes, sand the walls of the girls' bedroom, etc. Inside I was whining - I don't wanna! So, while I waited for my lazy girls to wake up I called a friend and talked to her for almost an hour. I got wonderful advice and "permission" to Seize The Day. So after MB woke up we headed over to the mall to meet another friend and her children for lunch.

We wandered to mall and let the kids jump in the Bounce House. We ran into another mutual friend and his daughter and talked about what a great park day it was. Eventually they wore me down - because I really felt that we had to come back to the house and do our work. And we went over to the park and ran into yet another mutual friend and his children. We had a blast!!! The kids had a blast.

We were exhausted when we got home - but the day wasn't over yet. After a little rest period the girls ended up going to a basketball game with their daddy and aunt, while I got a peaceful evening at home with just EM.

We didn't get much schoolwork done, we didn't get the bills paid, we didn't get the taxes done, no more boxes were packed and all the rooms look just like they did on Friday. I did manage to run the dishwasher and do two loads of laundry - That is it. But we are really happy and satisfied. And we Seized The Day - because tomorrow is supposed to be gray, rainy, chilly and windy. That will be a good day to spend inside working on all the other projects.

Peace,

Amy

3 comments:

J-Lynn said...

I hope you're still feeling good! I am a procrastinator bigtime, I work best under pressure!

I'm glad you seized that day, it sounded like you made some great memories with the girls!

Pirate Princess said...

Memories are so important! I'm glad you took the time to make them. You're right - sometimes you have to be flexible to make those memories! Gray days ARE perfect for chores! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello! Good stuff. Good resources here. Best regards!
- mudpiesandpaint.blogspot.com 5
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.