Friday, January 06, 2006

Stepping Off The Fast Train

DH and I talked tonight, about the house and how things were going. We have decided to step back for awhile and assess. We are probably not going to do anything towards purchasing a new house in January. Instead we are going to spend this month packing and painting and fixing little things to make the house look more sellable. But not sink too much in at first to leave room for the punch sheet after contract. We want to keep looking. The split-level is large with a great yard, and it is still a strong contender, but we want to see what else we could possibly find.

We have to weigh the pros and the cons of a newer house vs. older house. We are living in an older house and there are just things that constantly have to be done. Older neighborhoods around here don't generally have things like sidewalks and community areas - but they also don't have homeowner fees to pay for those things. Older homes are not going to have large master baths with the garden tubs, because well it is a bathroom - you brush your teeth, sit on the throne and take a shower.

But we have to see what is out there. See if there is something we fall in love with before we jump on the first option. Plus, I really don't feel like trying to patch, paint, pack and toothbrush clean my house in a week to get it on the market. So, a month sounds really nice and leisurely to me. Especially now, as my end-of-holiday-season adrenaline is crashing out of my system and I am falling back to the harder, emotional place I was before Christmas. In some regards I feel like I have way too many areas of my life spinning out of control. I have found out what was important to me to find out. (1) We can secure a loan for a house and (2) our house should sell fairly quickly. That comforts me in many ways. Now, I feel like we can take our time a little bit. The pieces are there when we want to pick it up and run with it.

If we wait until Feb, I should have a better idea of the details of our finances for the next year and hopefully our check from Uncle Sam. I got a call today from the company I was doing some work for last August and September and they have another project for me to work on if I am interested. That will be nice, right here after Christmas.

So, lets step back and see how crazy I am:

1 - I homeschool. Three girls (6,3,1) In most circles that classifies me as crazy right off the bat.
2 - I have re-entered a recovery program for an addiction and am experiencing the emotional roller coaster from this and the slips over the past few months.
3 - At 22 days sober I am in the middle of trying to coordinate and plan the sale of a home and purchase of another
4 - I am going to start working from home again (although for a limited time)

Yeah, I am brilliant.

No need to tell me I am trying to do too much. I am aware....

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.