Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Lesson Planning - my way

Tonight would be an interesting study in my lesson planning - when I actually do it ahead of time.

After the girls are tucked in - say 9:30 or so, I jump on the desktop computer while I wait for DH to finish playing a game on my laptop so that I can work on my project. While trying to avoid being sucked into the time-space warp continuum that is the internet, I remember that I have eight children coming over next Wednesday for a Chinese New Year Craft project. I head over to Enchanted Learning to flesh out my crafts for the day.

Wonderful, wonderful crafts. oooh look chinese numbers - that would be funto do with MB while we are, ahem, dwadling over China - PRINT.

Oh, yeah I need some Human Body sheets for our science unit that we really, really need to get started on. I wonder does her 6 year-old check-up today count as part of that science unit?? Body parts in Spanish - must PRINT.

Look, the monthly calendar. Let me see what I have missed introducing the girls to this month. Tomorrow is Paul Cezanne's birthday and they have coloring pages. Goody!! PRINT
Hhhmm, maybe I should go find some of his paintings on the web to show to the girls, instead of just announcing it is his birthday and here color one of his pictures. Google!

Viola - this awesome site that totally sucked me in - WebMuseum, Paris!! Go check this out.

I don't know, maybe this is a little too relaxed.

Peace,

Amy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't lovely when it works that way. And whe she actually does the stuff I print I get exta exicted. Glad you are having fun, We printed and made Dragon head for Chinese New Year.

Have fun.

_T

J-Lynn said...

Too relaxed? You're learning AND having fun - what's better than that? They'll be plenty of time, you have the rest of your lives. ;-)

HUGS

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.