Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Spray, Wait , Scrape

I spent my day peeling two layers of wallpaper boarder off the walls of the big girls' room. I would not have done it, but a couple of weeks ago one of them got the grand idea of picking at the edge of the boarder from the top bunk, and since I cannot find the extra boarder to patch it, I had to take it off. It was like peeling an onion. Remove the top layer of the first boarder. Rub over the paper backing to the first boarder with the "paper claw." Spray with gel remover and wait. Then scrap off the paper backing and start the whole process over with the second boarder that was underneath.

The only thing that kept me sane was thinking about the house that I *think* we have found, if only we sell this house - sooner rather than later. It is actually one that we went to look at several weeks ago. But as DH and I have both walked through other houses, we keep comparing back to this particular house. The only drawback is that the house does not have a fenced yard, but we could do that have it done. The yard is on the small side - backyard basically nonexistent with the sunroom addition, but it has an okay side yard that can be used instead. It is also on the end of a cul-de-sac, which with the girls' interest in bikes and scooters is actually more necesary than a grassy yard. We just need a safe place for the dogs to go.

Anyway, as I etched, sprayed, scraped and pulled, I arranged furniture and thought about what new pieces we would need. It was a nice little fantasy to enjoy and push me in actually completing the job.

I talked to the agent today, an we have an appointment to go over contract stuff and have them come over to give us our laundry list of things to do before we put it on the market -- the week of Feb 14th -- Happy Valentine's Day. Of course that gives me an additional push to get things done before the agents come over on Sunday afternoon. I would be so embarrassed to have anyone see the house like it is now. Boxes, half-painted rooms, laundry piled up - one can get the idea. Walking through the house is like walking through a maze right now with furniture pulled out and boxes waiting to be hauled out to the garage.

MB has been marvelous today - she helped me peel the paper off around her bunk where she could reach. It was a tough job, but she stuck with it until her 7+ foot section was done. I was very proud of her for not giving in. She also helped me with her sisters and became my "go-get" girl. On the other hand, K and EM were somewhat out of sorts most of the day. K wanted to be left alone all day and screamed everytime she thought her sisters were 'going' to bug her or even come within 5 feet of her. EM just wanted to attach herself to my leg and was very upset that I wouldn't let her sit under my step-stool to catch the falling flakes of wall boarder. I hope they are not getting sick.

Tomorrow I think I will be sanding over the wall boarder area in the girls' room. Then, either packing up misc office stuff or finishing the painting in the kitchen. That depends upon my mood and how much time I feel I have. We will not be home much in the morning as it is my meeting morning and then gymnastics. It is also our day to do science and history readings, that will be the basis for our school work over the weekend.

Since I can, I think I am actually going to go to bed before 2:30am tonight.

Peace,

Amy

1 comment:

J-Lynn said...

Glad MB is being such a great help, she's really grown SO much since you started blogging! Sorry K and Em had off days, I hope they are doing better tomorrow and prayers for everyone to stay healthy!

Glad you're getting some sleep tonight. You're getting SO much done!

HUGS

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.