Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Picture Post

Since it is late, again. And, I just uploaded pictures on my camera from Christmas and today. I figured I would just share some pictures from the last month.

Christmas 2005


The personality of my oldest two are readily apparent in the next two photos of their Santa gifts. It is jus such a perfect example of how their personalities could not be more different.



MB showing over her stage moves with the new guitar.


K - as our Southern Belle

Emily had great fun with the bows over at the grandparents. She went around pulling all the bows off and sticking them to different areas of her body. The most hilarious was sticking them to her head. She would look and study the bow and then stick it to her head. Then she would look up and try to find it above her.



As an added bonus in this photo a rare glimpse of me. I am the one to the side in the black sweater and jeans.

Here is MB and her beloved uncle. Uncle, a wonderful and gifted musician is showing her some easy chords on the guitar.



K and her love of dress-up. She received a beautiful wood stick horse and red hat. She also got a pair of pink cowboy boots. Hee-haw!!



Christmas was truly great and wonderful this year for all of us. What a wonderful memory of a day just to be with the five of us.

Trip to Museum Today

Today MB had to go to her class at the museum. Since they were holding it in the Butterfly/Insect house I figured it would be a good time to get some photos. I stayed with K and EM while MB was in class. We enjoyed the bugs and playing with the carpeted steps and puzzles. Then we walked through the butterfly house together after class.

Here is EM showing how adorable she is.



Gee mom, why do you keep interrupting me while I am trying to empty out all these puzzle pieces.

K examining the insects eating under the microscope.



Oh Goodness, What is this?

MB - The butterfly magnet. Everytime we go in the butterfly house she always gets a butterfly to land on her. She can even get them to come to her in our own yard. It is the only time I ever hear her utter the words - "If I am still and quiet..."



This tickles

After the butterfly house we returned to the main museum, where K immediately ran to the tornado thingy. She sat there waving her arms like she was conjuring and conducting the tornado to rise up.



It was a very good day. I was exhausted and we didn't actually finish MB's math until 6:30 tonight and never even touched history. But, it was a good day. All, and I do mean myself included, were well-behaved.

Tomorrow is an "at-home" day and I am looking forward to it. My mil is coming over in the afternoon so I can go to an appointment and run over to Lowes for painting supplies. I am hoping to get alot more done on my work project at some point tomorrow.

Peace,

Amy

4 comments:

Kate said...

What great pictures! I don't know your children, but their personality bursts right through the pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

In light of National Delurking Week, I am here to say hi there! I do read your blog and my life is always a little more entertaining and blessed because of it!

Sherri
aka Scooby at A Place to Grow

Dy said...

Your girls are beautiful - and so full of personality! I love the pictures. And it's fun to get a sneak peek at you, too! :-)

Dy

J-Lynn said...

You are beautiful Amy, quit hiding! I'm so glad I got to see a glimpse!

The girls are just gorgeous and adorable! Their personalities really do shine through. Em is growing up so fast and what a sweet smile!

HUGS...

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.