Friday, July 15, 2005

A-Gas

I almost fell over today when I realized that we needed gas in the van. I am lucky that our van is pretty reasonable on gas mileage and that most of the places we need or want to go are within 5 miles of our house. I generally don't have to put gas in the van but every 2 1/2 weeks or so. This time I haven't had to put gas in my van for over a month because hubby did it for me last time.

$2.29/gallon!! The last time I filled up it was around $1.70. I know that in other areas of the country it is much worse, but :cough:cough: that was really, really hard to absorb. Now I know why we keep struggling month after month, even with hubby's overtime. All of his paycheck is going into his car.

I turned off the air conditioning and drove across town to my warehouse store, with the gas tank beeping at me the entire way, just so I could get gas for 10 cents cheaper. And we will be going out in the car even less for the foreseeable future, which means in the car-burbs where I live we will be staying home. At least until the temperature drops back to a comfortable range to walk in.

Peace,

Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gas prices are RIDICULOUS! And I know what you mean about not going anywhere. We are in the process of moving to a house in the country, a 20 minute ride EACH WAY, and we are driving down several times a day. It's killing us.

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.