Monday, July 25, 2005

Monday Musings

I am up early this morning recording episodes of The Magic SchoolBus for MB. I found out that they only show it on Monday mornings from 6-9. Since this isn't the best time for the girls to catch the show, I am taping it for MB to use during her downtime later. Also to use with some of our science lessons this year.

While it is taping I figure I would jump on an try to catch up on blog world that I have missed for the last few days while I have been musing over my daily life. My day-to-day schedule is still pretty good, but in order to keep up with all my real-life responsibilities I am going to have to become more disciplined in my cyber-time. It is the biggest time eater and I have been using it in some ways as an escape from the pressure I sometimes feel in my life as mom, teacher, household manager. It is a continuation of my escapism through reading that I have practiced for as long as I can imagine. Only now it is real-life people, many whom I can relate with on so many levels, which makes it so much more interesting.

I have ended up with a reading list of well over 50 blogs. With more that I visit irregularly or through 'rabbit holes.' This is way too overwhelming. And I am going to have to figure out some way to handle the list.

This week I will be limited with my time on the 'puter. MB has a day camp all week that runs in the afternoon. We will be doing chores and abbreviated school in the morning, then taking her to her daycamp. It is in the "big" city, about 30 minutes away so instead of driving back and forth, I am trying to figure out what to do with the other two while MB is at camp. The weather is not cooperating for any outdoor activities. It is supposed to be 100+ degrees for the next 3 days, with an awful heat index of 115-120.

Today I have to take the car for its annual inspection. It was due last month and I absolutely forgot. Then I figure while MB is at camp we will head up to a huge used book store I have been wanting to visit, but it was way over on the otherside of Raleigh. But I will be half-way there with MB's camp. Also on my list this week is to visit a homeschool book store and school supply store.

One of the reasons why I believe Mondays are so awful is that I look forward and see all the things I need to do. Where all the other days I can look back also and see all the things I have actually done. I just don't like 'A Monday Perspective."

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.